Saturday, August 27, 2005

I'm here!

Moi! (meaning hello in Finnish, not me in French, lol)

So, here I am in Helsinki...not much time to talk right now, but just wanted to let everyone know that I made it...was a very long flight (10 hours in total) and I am exhausted, but Europe is awesome, and I still can't beleive I am here.

Tonight I went out for dinner with Kaisa and a few of her friends who were all very friendly and welcoming! We then headed over to a park here in Helsinki for a free concert featuring some of Finland's most popular bands...unfrotunately it started raining hard (apparantly this happens all the time here) and we decided to leave and head over to a bar for some cider (the best alternative to beer ever!) Now, it's 9:30 and I am ready for bed after all that travelling! Tomorrow I leave for Tampere and hopefully to my apartment!

Something to get used to: Finns walk around the streets drinking beer which is socially accepted...everyone at the music festival was walking around the streets with a beer in their hand...even on the street car...

More later when I get settled!

Love, Jules :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home