Thursday, September 01, 2005

Still here...!

Unfortunatley, I haven't had much time to post....I just got my user account for the school network yesterday...I got the keys to my flat this morning and will be moving in this afternoon sometime...I don't know anything about my future roomates...apparantly there are 3 other girls I will be sharing my flat with so I'm excited to meet them...I won't be getting internet in my room until probably next week sometime (something I have learned: nothing gets done quickly in Finland!) so I'm not sure how often I will get to update over the next week...

Everything here is so great! Tampere is a beautiful old city...I have pics, but won't be able to post them until I get my own computer up and running...I've been staying in a dorm room, sleeping on a mattress on the floor, which doesn't sound great, but it's really like a big slumber party...but I am really looking forward to getting my room today and unpacking finally!

There is another Carleton student here, Steve, and he and I have been meeting all kinds of people from all over Europe...there are a lot of German students here and so far, I think Steve and I are the only Canadians. We're going to another Finnish city this weekend, Turku, to meet up with my friend Kaisa which will be great-we want to see as much of Finland as possible!

Next Wednesday, Steve, Venla (my Finnish tutor here in Tampere) and I are going to a football match here in Tampere...World Cup qualifying match between Team Finland and Macedonia and we have great seats, midfeild, third row from the feild...Steve and I are very excited about our first European Football experience!

This afternoon is a bus tour of the city and then an international party tonight...looking forward to meeting more people!

Off to class....

Love, Jules :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home